Advanced Orthopedics, Joint Replacement & Trauma Centre
Medicover Advanced Bone and Joint Institute aims to provide world class based treatment for various orthopedic disorders and sports injuries. Our expert team is led by Dr Krishna Kiran Eachempati is a prominent orthopedic surgeon in Hyderabad. He further specializes in computer navigated Total Knee and Hip Replacement Surgeries.
We are fully equipped with most advanced cutting edge technology like
- Computer navigation system
- High definition cameras
- Arthroscopic equipment for performing technically challenging procedures.
Our dedicated team of musculo-skeletal anaesthesiologists provide excellent pre, intra and post-operative care supported by highly experienced physiotherapists and occupational therapist that provide out-patient, inpatient as well as domiciliary care to the patients.
What is a Knee Replacement Surgery?
As the name suggests, knee replacement is a surgical procedure that involves reconstruction and replacement of the degenerated knee joints with a prosthesis (metal and plastic parts) to relieve pain and disability.
Knee replacement surgery can be of three types,
- Partial knee replacement: In partial knee replacement, only one side of the knee joint is replaced.
- Total knee replacement: Total knee replacement involves the replacement of both the sides of the knee joint. It is the most common procedure among knee replacement surgeries.
- Bilateral knee replacement: Bilateral knee replacement is considered in rare cases in which both the knees are replaced at the same time.
Why have a knee replacement?
A knee replacement surgery is usually essential when the knee joint gets damaged to the extent that its range of motion is decreased which interrupts the person’s daily life and causes pain even at rest.
When to have knee replacement surgery?
One should consider a knee replacement surgery if:
- The person has knee pain constantly
- The person Is unable to complete daily tasks without any assistance
- The pain persists despite the use of medications
- The pain doesn’t stop even at rest
- There is a decrease in the range of motion
- The stiffness of the joint lasts
- There are any severe side effects from the medications used for pain management.
- The non-surgical procedures such as medications, physiotherapy doesn’t help in relieving the pain.
Our Orthopedic Doctors
MS Ortho, FHS (CMC-Vellore)Consultant Hand, Wrist, Peripheral Nerve and Brachial plexus surgeon
MBBS, D. Ortho, FIJR, Fellowship in llizarov Techniques(CFIT, Akola)Consultant Trauma and llizarov surgeon
MS (PGI, Chandigarh)
Chief Arthroscopy & Sports Injuries, Knee And Shoulder Specialist In Joint Replacement Surgeon
Dr. P. Joshua
MBBS (Vellore), MS (Ortho)
Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon
Dr Sandip Namdeo Borle
MBBS, MS (Orthopedics)
Senior Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon & Head of Department
Consultant Orthopaedic, Joint Replacement and Senior Arthroscopic(key hole)Surgeon
Dr. T. Kiran Kumar
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
Dr. Manjunath C
MBBS, DNB, Ortho
Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon Specialist in Joint Replacement & Limb Reconstruction
Dr D Sandeep Kumar Reddy
MBBS(osm), Ms(Orho) FIJR
Orthopedic & Joint Replacement Surgeon
Dr Vikas Pandit Rao Kale