By Medicover Hospitals / 18 Jan 2021
What is Scalpe Plus ?
- Scalpe Plus Anti-Dandruff Shampoo helps the body to treat fungal and yeast infections. It belongs to the category of medicinal products known as azole antifungals. By disrupting the development of the membranes that cover the fungal cells, the drug prevents the growth of different types of fungi. It is available in a tablet shape that can be taken by mouth. Depending on your age, weight, medical history and current condition, the dosage, and length of taking Scalpe Plus Anti-Dandruff Shampoo will be determined by your doctor. It normally takes place once a day, with or without food. It's best to take it with food, though, as it will decrease the risk of a stomach upset.
- It is safer to take it with food, though, since that will decrease the risk of a stomach upset. If you are taking an antacid, note that it is important to take Scalpe Plus Anti-Dandruff Shampoo 2 hours before or one hour after the antacid, because your body will not absorb the medication. There are a few mild side effects you can encounter when you take Scalpe Plus Anti-Dandruff Shampoo. Nausea, headache, diarrhea, pain in the stomach, and dizziness are included. Hair loss, depression, tingling sensations, and extreme allergic reactions can have several unusual side effects.
- Hepatotoxicity, which means liver damage caused by chemicals, can be a severe side effect of Scalpe Plus Anti-Dandruff Shampoo. Symptoms include loss of weight, loss of appetite, vomiting, fatigue, discoloration of the urine and stools, fever, skin rash, or yellowing. Immediate medical treatment is recommended in such a case.
- Scalpe Plus Uses
- Scalpe Plus Side effects
- Scalpe Plus Interactions
- Scalpe Plus Overdose
- Advantages and Disadvantages
- Frequently Asked Questions
Scalpe Plus Uses:
This medicine is used to treat a certain scalp infection and dandruff (seborrheic dermatitis). It decreases scalp scratching, flaking, inflammation, and redness. Selenium sulfide is also used for a disease that causes skin discoloration (tinea versicolor). This drug belongs to a class of medicines known as anti-infectives. By slowing the growth of the yeast that triggers the infection, it works.
How to use
- Wet hair & scalp & decent shampoo to generate ample lather
- One-minute massage & clean with warm water
- Repeat the process for an extra 3 minutes. Rinse with dry hair & warm water
- Use for 4 weeks once in 3 days, followed by once weekly as maintenance therapy
- This drug is intended for skin use only. Before usage, some brands need shaking. Check your product package and see if it is appropriate to shake up your brand. Remove any jewelry to prevent harm to it before using this drug.
- Since it can cause inflammation, avoid having this drug into your eyes, inside your nose or mouth, or on any areas of broken/inflamed skin. Flush the region with plenty of water if this happens. If you have any concerns about how to safely use this drug, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
- Follow the manufacturer's directions for the treatment of dandruff or scalp dermatitis, or use them as instructed by your doctor. Wet the scalp and rub it into the wet scalp with the drug. Leave it for 2-3 minutes on your scalp and clean thoroughly. A second application can include some brands. To see if a repeat application is needed by your brand, check your product package.
- After and application, be sure to rinse your hair and scalp well with water, especially on bleached, tinted, or permed hair. Typically, this drug is used 1 or 2 times a week for the treatment of dandruff or seborrheic dermatitis, or less often for the management of dandruff regulation.
- Apply selenium sulfide to the infected skin for the treatment of tinea versicolor. With a small amount of water, lather. Enable it to stay for 10 minutes on your skin. After each use, rinse your skin thoroughly with water. Rinse the area well with water for a few minutes to avoid discomfort if the drug touches the genital areas or folds of the skin.
- Usually, this drug is used once a day for 7 days for the treatment of tinea versicolor, or as instructed by your doctor.
- After using selenium sulfide, wash your face. For a longer period of time, do not leave this drug on your hair, scalp, or skin or use it more frequently than necessary. Your condition may not clear up sooner, but it can improve the side effects.
Scalpe Plus is renowned for its advantages such as:
- Anti- Dandruff
- Itching Avoidance, Flaking & Scaling
- Conditioning Application
- Fungal infection
- Controls yeast infection of the skin
- Prevents itching
- New growth of hair
- Prevents recurrence of dandruff
Scalpe Plus Side Effects:
- Hair Loss Or Thinning Of The Hair
- Itching Of Skin
- Skin Burn
- There may be skin irritation, dry skin, oily or dry hair / scalp, or temporary hair loss. If any of these symptoms persist or worsen, discontinue use and immediately contact your physician or pharmacist. Hair discoloration can occur and can be minimized after each treatment by carefully rinsing the hair thoroughly.
- If this drug has been prescribed by your doctor, note that he or she has found that your value is greater than the risk of side effects. There are no such significant side effects for many people who use to take this drug.
- It is very unusual to experience a very severe allergic reactions to this drug. However, if you experience any signs of a serious allergic reaction, seek urgent medical attention: rash, itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat), extreme dizziness, difficulty breathing.
- For rinsing your hair, use lukewarm or normal water.
- After using Scalpe Plus Anti Dandruff Shampoo, you can use a conditioner on your hair.
- As per your doctor's order, use Scalpe Plus Anti Dandruff Shampoo. Do not overuse yourself.
- Store Scalpe Plus Anti Dandruff Shampoo at or below room temperature in a calm, dry spot. Stop Scalpe Plus Anti Dandruff Shampoo refrigeration.
- When applying Scalpe Plus Anti Dandruff Shampoo, stop rubbing your hair or skin and don't use nails.
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist whether you are allergic to it, or whether you have any other allergies, before using selenium sulfide. There may be some inactive ingredients in this substance that might cause allergic reactions or other problems. For more details, talk to your pharmacist.
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history before taking this drug, including: red/irritated/broken skin.
- For children younger than 2 years of age, this drug is not recommended. Before consuming this drug, consult your doctor.
- If you are using selenium sulfide for tinea versicolor in your body, this drug should only be used when specifically needed during pregnancy.
- Whether this medication passes into breast milk is not understood. Consult the doctor before breast-feeding, and there have been no records of harm to breastfeeding babies.
- Your doctor or pharmacist may already be aware of, and may be watching you for, any potential medication interactions. Before consulting with your doctor or pharmacist first, do not start, stop, or adjust the dose of any medication.
- Inform your doctor or pharmacist about both prescription and nonprescription/herbal items you may use before taking this drug.
- Keep with you a list of all your drugs, and share it with your doctor and pharmacist.
Before this medicine is used. Tell your doctor about your existing drug list. Items over the counter (e.g. vitamins. herbal supplements. etc.). Via allergies. Diseases that are pre-existing. And current health situations (e.g. pregnancy. upcoming surgery. etc.). Some health conditions or any health issues you had earlier, can make you more susceptible to the drug's side effects.
When swallowed, this drug can be harmful. If any person has overdosed and has extreme symptoms, such as passing out or difficulty breathing. Or else, immediately contact a poison control center.
All medical and laboratory appointments are kept.
If a dose is missing, use it as soon as you know. If the time for the next dose has already arrived, skip the skipped dose. At a normal time, use the next dose. To cope up, do not double the dose.
Advantages and Disadvantages:
|Tackle dryness and oiliness:
||Sometimes unsafe to use because of some ingredient
|Relieves scratching and discomfort: You should use a decent shampoo for a little hair therapy to alleviate scalp irritation.
||Can cause hair loss
|Removes redness: People with sensitive skin can easily get inflamed skin in this situation, which ultimately leads to several other problems associated with hair. In any way, the daily use of mild and high-quality goods will give you better outcomes.
||Regular shampooing reduces the normal development of skin oils, resulting in numerous skin irritations.
|Keeps your hair beautiful and shinny: One of the key benefits of using hair shampoos on a hair shampoo.
||Due to the various harsh chemicals found in all beauty products, repeated exposure to shampoo can trigger rashes, skin irritation, itching, redness and eczema.
|Good for oily scalp and oily hair
||Other scalp issues, can cause inflammation
Frequently Asked Questions:
Trust me, one of the best in one shampoo ever. I used Scalp+ which was recommended by a dermatologist, but it was fine, but it was better for scalp pro. I used to have painful red bumps in the scalp of my head and I had hair and dandruff. All concerns have vanished since using Scalp Pro and the consistency of my hair has also improved.
Dryness, swelling, hair loss or hair loss are side effects. In addition, the use of this drug can also contribute to skin itching, indigestion, and skin burning. If any of these symptoms arise often or on a regular basis, it is urgent to see a doctor.
- To produce enough lather, wet hair & scalp & apply appropriate shampoo.
- One-minute massage & rinse with warm water.
- Repeat the process for an extra 3 minutes. Rinse with dry hair & warm water.
- Using as maintenance therapy once every 3 days for 4 weeks followed by once weekly.