Have you considered the idea of getting plastic surgery? Why plastic surgery? Looking more attractive? Improving self-esteem? Are you doing it for cosmetic or medical reasons? Find out more about the pros and cons of plastic surgery and participate in our poll.
What is Plastic Surgery?
Plastic Surgery is a medical intervention with the purpose of altering, reshaping or sculpting the human body. Although aesthetic or cosmetic surgeries are the best-known types of plastic surgery, there are other reconstructive surgeries that focus not so much on enhancing the appearance but on repairing damage to the body, making it look as it did before some type of trauma.
The most common plastic surgery procedures today:
- Rejuvenation of face using laser, injectable fillers, and Botox
- Facelift surgery
- Breast surgery
- Craniofacial surgery
- Palate surgery and cleft lip
- Reconstruction of burnt tissues
- Reconstruction of damaged and severed limbs, including hand surgery
- Reconstruction of patients after tumor removal
While everyone is on the quest to look younger and have firmer skin, many also consider plastic surgery for medical reasons, such as helping with eyesight problems or extra skin from massive weight loss. Whatever your reason may be, it is best to know what some of the pros and cons are before you make your appointment. Knowing the pros and cons can better prepare you and keep you more informed on such an important decision.
Get Instant Doctor Online Consultation
The Pros of Plastic Surgery
- Many people use plastic surgery to enhance their looks. Whether its tightening up loose skin or smoothing out wrinkle lines, a little nip and tuck can take off your face (or anywhere else!)
- Many people struggle with confidence issues because of their appearance. With a little cosmetic surgery, most people are more pleased with their appearance and are more confident in the world around them because of this new found look.
- Studies have shown that people who get cosmetic surgery and have a boost in confidence also have better relationships with their partners and with others. Most believe that it is because they aren’t so worried about how people will see them and feel less judged.
- Those who use cosmetic surgery for medical reasons may find that the surgery was the solution to their problems. One of the most common examples is a lift in the eyes and around the forehead to reduce eye pain and headaches.
The Cons Of Plastic Surgery
- Plastic surgery is one of the highest costs of fur surgery there is. In most cases, unless you can prove a medical need for the surgery, your insurance won’t cover the procedure and you can end up spending a lot of money.
- As with any surgery, there is always a risk of complications. Muscle and tissue damage, scarring, and infections are all complications that can happen when you have surgery.
- For many people, expectations are not always realistic. While you may be expecting to go from plain and simple girl next door to the stunning Angelina Jolie, you may be disappointed that it isn’t always as you may think.
- Depending on the extent of your surgery, you may be left with scars, numbness or parallelization. For those who have implants with their cosmetic surgery, you risk your body rejecting the implant and having to have the implant removed in another surgery.
While there are many good and bad reasons to get plastic surgery, the decision lies within you. Knowing what good and bad effects are can help you make a more informed decision. Your health should always be a top priority when it comes to considering plastic surgery.