How To Use A Pulse Oximeter?
Pulse oximetry is a measure of how much oxygen is in the blood.
- Firstly remove the back cap and insert batteries
- Position your finger in the device correctly pointing towards the LED light inside
- Wait for half a minute
- There are 2 different readings shown
- Oxygen saturation % of blood
- Pulse rate
Ideal Pulse Oximeter Readings:
An oxygen saturation level of 95% to 100% is considered normal. Values under % are considered low.Precautions:
- Warm-up your fingers before placing in the device
- Position the probe correctly.
- Make sure you’re sitting still.
- Remove any nail polish finger tattoos or henna dye