Endoscopy cost in India ranges from Rs.1000/- to Rs.3000/-. It is a non-surgical procedure that is used to either observe or operate on the internal organs, tissues or vessels of the body. It is named after the instrument used in the procedure known as endoscope; a long, thin, flexible tube with a tiny camera attached to it.
To carry out endoscopy, the doctor or surgeon may insert the endoscope into the openings of the body such as mouth or rectum. But, if needed they may make small incisions on the body at a nearer site to access the organ.
Endoscopy is prescribed for three main reasons viz. screening, diagnosis, and treatment. It helps to view the internal organs without making any large incision. It is quick to carry out and safe. Here is why an endoscopy used for:
- helps to find out the cause of the abnormal symptoms a patient has
- plays a vital role in the diagnosis of certain conditions in which a small sample of the tissue needs to be sent for a lab for further testing, called an endoscopy biopsy
- helps the doctor to view the internal organs during a surgery, such as removal of gallstones, tumors, or stomach ulcers
Get Instant Doctor Online Consultation
As mentioned above, endoscopy is used for various reasons. So, the duration of the procedure depends on the purpose it is being done for. In general, endoscopy is a day-care procedure, so there is no need to stay at the hospital overnight.
Before endoscopy, the doctor will inform the patient about why endoscopy is going to be done, how to prepare, and what instructions need to be followed prior to the procedure. In addition, the patient will undergo a physical examination and his/her complete medical history will be reviewed, including any surgeries in the past.
The important steps that take place during the procedure of endoscopy include:
- To start the procedure, the doctor may give you anesthesia to keep the patient sedated.
- After the patient is sedated while lying on the left side, the flexible tube of the endoscope will be passed through the mouth.
- Since the tube has a tiny camera attached to it to view the internal organs, the tube will be navigated to access the organ which needs to be examined or operated.
- During the procedure, the doctor can view and record images of the organs from the endoscope. In some cases, the doctor may perform surgery which can include the collection of tissue for further examination.
After endoscopy, the patient will be moved to the recovery area and made to stay in the hospital for further observation and monitoring until the sedation wears off. The patient may have mild sore throat or discomfort which will go away on its own. If the patient has persistent discomfort for a long time or any abnormal symptoms, he has to visit the hospital for consultation.
|Branch||Test||Cost (in INR)||Address|
|Hitec city, Madhapur||Endoscopy||Rs. 1880/-||Street No-3, Patrika Nagar In the Lane of IBIS Hotels Madhapur, HITEC City, Hyderabad, Telangana 500081|
|Opp. Secretariat||Endoscopy||Rs. 2200/-||Sarovar Complex, Secretariat Rd, Saifabad, Khairatabad, Secunderabad, Telangana 500063|