Dr Yerra Prasad is a Consultant Gastroenterologist Surgeon at Medicover Hospitals Visakhapatnam.
English, Telugu, Hindi
- Laparoscopic appendectomy
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Laparoscopic duodenal perforation closure
- Laparoscopic Fundoplication
- Laparoscopic hernioplasty(TEP, TAPP, IPOM)
- Truncal vagotomy and gastrojejunostomy
- Whipple’s pancreaticoduodenectomy
- Frey’s, Lateral pancreaticojejunostomy for chronic pancreatitis
- VATS esophagectomy for esophageal cancer
- Fistulotomy, Fistulectomy and LIFT for fistula in ano, Haemorrhoidectomy
- Emergency laparotomy for polytrauma (damage control surgery) and acute abdomen
- Laparoscopic/openRadical D2 subtotal and total gastrectomy
- Laparoscopic/open radical right and left hemicolectomy
- Laparoscopic/open Anterior resection
- Laparoscopic/open Low anterior resection
- Laparoscopic/open Abdominoperineal resection
- Hepatobiliary surgery
- Bariatric surgery
- Worked as a Senior Resident in General Surgery at Aarupadai Veedu Medical College, Pondicherry, Vinayaka Mission
- University from May 2016 to March 2017
- Worked as a DNB Resident, Surgical Gastroenterology at GEM Hospital and research center from April 2017 to June 2019.
Awards & Recognitions:
- Best poster award for “Effect of perioperative hyperoxygenation on surgical site infection in patients undergoing emergency abdominal surgery –A Randomised controlled trial” at ASICON 2019 held at Bhubaneswar.
- Bursary award in LTSI 2018, held at AIIMS, New Delhi.
- Bursary award in IASGCON 2019, held at AIIMS, New Delhi.
- “Knowledge Attitude and Practice of Stroke among Community health workers of rural India” – Platform presentation, 13th Indian National Stroke Conference (INSC), 2019.
- First prize in speciality quiz held at 17th National Surgical Gastroenterology Update Conference 2018.
- “First prize in speciality quiz IASG Mid Term CME on GI Oncology in 2018 held at NIMS, Hyderabad"