Dr Y Pavan Kumar Reddy
Sr. Consultant Gastroenterologist, Hepatologist, Therapeutic Endoscopist and Endo Sonologist
MD, DM, (CMC, Vellore)
MD, DM, (CMC, Vellore)
About Dr Y Pavan Kumar Reddy
- Having acquired degree in Gastroenterology and hepatology from Christian medical college , Vellore, Dr. Y. Pavan kumar reddy started his career catering the needs of Nellore. He specializes in the treatment of complex pancreatic and biliary disorders with particular expertise in Endoscopic Ultrasound and Therapeutic ERCP. He and the other surgical colleagues at Medicover hospitals, Nellore integrate diagnostic/therapeutic endoscopy with minimally invasive surgical techniques to provide advanced comprehensive care. He is committed to provide the highest level of expertise with immediate and thorough communication to patients and referring physicians.
- Dr.Y. Pavan Kumar reddy currently serves as Medical Director of Medicover hospitals, Nellore and Chief of Department of Gastroenterology and liver diseases , Division of GI & Biliopancreatic endoscopy and Department of obesity medicine. He has particular interest in treatment of obesity with evidence based protocols in accordance with American board of obesity medicine. He believes in preventive aspects and lifestyle modification for a varied disorders of Gastroenterology and liver diseases.
- He conducts regular screening programmes for Hepatitis B & C as a cross sectional survey at the community level along with Hepatitis B vaccination for the required people. He has special inclination towards Awareness programmes for primary care physicians , paramedics and laboratory technicians. He was awarded best Poster presentation in APDW 2008. He was an invited guest speaker in various CMEs and conferences.
Areas of Expertise:
- Endoscopic ultra Sound
- Endoscopic Bariatric Procedures
- Interventional Upper & Lower GI Endoscopies
- Investigation of an epidemic of hepatitis Nellore, In south India Tropical Medicine of Interventional Health, 2010 November.
- Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, September 2008 – No evidence of increased copper intake in non wilsoman copper toxicosis in India.
- Clinical and laboratory features of non wilsoman copper toxicosis in India – Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology September 2008.
- Best poster presentation 2008 – APDW 2008.
- Fellowship in advanced EUS – Florida Hospital Orcando