Dr Sumedha Maturu is a Consultant Neurologist. He is a trusted, patient focused and experienced doctor with a long history of serving patients by successfully diagnosing, treating and also managing their illnesses and diseases.
English, Telugu, Hindi
- Lumbar Puncture
- Botox Injections
- Nerve Conduction
- IV Thrombolysis for Stroke
- MBBS- NRI Medical College, Guntur
- MD General Medicine- Manipal Academy Of Higher Education, Manipal, India
- DM Neurology- Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences & Technology, Trivandrum
- Consultant - Department of Neurology, CARE Hospitals, Visakhapatnam
- Senior Resident - Department of Neurology, SCTIMST, Thiruvananthapuram
- Senior Assistant Professor - Department of Internal Medicine, PSIMS, Vijayawada
- Real-life Disability adjusted life years (DALY) captures the disability of epilepsy better from an individual's perspective – (Under review, Seizure).
- Maturu MVS, Chandrashekar UK, Vandana KE, Guddattu V.Factors Associated with Severe Sepsis or Septic Shock in Patients with Gram Negative Bacteraemia: An Observational Cohort Study. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research: JCDR. 2018 Dec, Vol-12(12): OC22-OC25.
- Devasia T, Maturu SM, Kareem H, Rao SM. A Life-threatening Association of Coronary Anomalies. Journal of Clinical and Scientific Research. 2016;5(4):238-41.
- Maturu MV, Devasia T, Mugula Sudhakar Rao HK. Native triple valve endocarditis as complication of post-abortal sepsis. Journal of clinical and diagnostic research: JCDR. 2016 Jul;10(7): OD08.
Awards & Recognitions:
- Award paper – “Disability Adjusted Life Years as measure of burden of Epilepsy in persons who undergo seizure monitoring” - 27th Annual Conference of Indian Academy of Neurology, IANCON 2019
- Second in south zonal All India Neurology Quiz – Torrent Young Scholar Award (TYSA, Neurology), 2019.
- Second prize in Stroke Quiz, 6th Stroke Summer School, 2019, Bangalore.
- “Knowledge Attitude and Practice of Stroke among Community health workers of rural India” – Platform presentation, 13th Indian National Stroke Conference (INSC), 2019.
- Clinical case presentation in 9th Annual International Conference of Clinical Neurology, SHINE 2019.
- “Stratifying risk factors for development of severe sepsis or septic shock in patients with gram negative bacteremia” – Platform presentation, 71st Annual Conference of The Associations of Physicians of India, APICON 2016.
- 1st prize in Clinico-Pathologic Case presentation: “Thrombotic microangiopathy” – MERT 2015.
- Award Poster – “Neurocystecercosis involving CP angle, A rare presentation” – 70th Annual Conference of The Associations of Physicians of India, APICON 2015.
- Award Poster – “Primary Systemic Amyloidosis presenting as ischemic stroke” – An unusual presentation – 32nd Annual Conference of Association of Physicians of India, KAPICON 2014.
- Second in all round performance in MD (Internal Medicine), KMC, MAHE.
- Recipient of Gold Medal in Physiology in 1st year MBBS, NRIMC, NTRUHS.
- Best all-round performance in 2nd year MBBS, NRIMC, NTRUHS.
- Recipient of Gold Medal in Ophthalmology in Pre-final MBBS, NRIMC, NTRUHS.
- Second in all round performance in Final MBBS, NRIMC, NTRUHS.