Dr Pratapa Varma Penmetsa
Consultant- Surgical Oncology & Thoracic Surgery
MBBS, MS (General Surgery )(I.M.S, B.H.U)M Ch ( Surgical Oncology )(K.M.I.O, Bangalore)Dip.MAS (Minimal Access Surgery )Sr. Consultant - Surgical Oncology and Thoracic Surgery
Experience : 15+ Years
Timings : 10 AM - 4 PM
Behind Cyber Towers, In the Lane of IBIS Hotels,
HUDA Techno Enclave, HITEC City, Hyderabad,
About Doctor :
- Oral/head and neck cancer surgeries, composite resections/ maxillectomy with advanced reconstructions, thyroidectomy, parotidectomy, and laryngectomy with voice rehabilitation.
- Open/VATS assisted esophagectomy, lung lobectomy, pneumonectomy, thymectomy, chest wall tumor/mediastinal tumor excisions; pulmonary metastasectomy; thoracic surgeries for benign conditions like VATS- decortication, bullectomy, sympathectomy
- Breast surgeries: modified radical mastectomy, breast-conserving surgery, sentinel lymph node biopsies, oncoplastic procedures.
- Open and minimally invasive Gastrointestinal-oncology surgeries: radical gastrectomy, hemicolectomy, total colectomy, abdomino-perineal/ anterior resections, pelvic exenteration, TEMS.
- Open and minimally invasive hepato-pancreato-biliary- oncology surgeries: radical cholecystectomy, hepatectomy, hepatic metastasectomy, whipples procedure, distal pancreatectomy.
- Open and minimally invasive Genitourinary-oncology surgeries: radical nephrectomy, radical cystectomy with neo bladder reconstruction, nerve-sparing radical prostatectomy, RPLND, adrenalectomy.
- Open and minimally invasive gyne-oncology surgeries: nerve-sparing radical hysterectomies, cytoreductions, total peritonectomies with HIPEC, vulvectomies, vaginectomy.
- Peritoneal and pleural surface malignancies: cytoreductive surgery, total peritonectomy, total pleurectomy with HIPEC.
- Pediatric solid tumors.
- Bone and soft tissue sarcoma surgeries with limb salvage reconstructive procedures.
- Worked as a Surgery Registrar (covering General Surgery, Urology, Plastic Surgery) in Apollo Hospital, Secunderabad from July 2005- October 2005
- Worked as a Registrar/ Senior Resident in the Dept. of Surgical Oncology, Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, Bengaluru from October 2006 to February 2008.
- Worked as a Registrar/ Senior Resident in Hyderabad Institute of Laparoscopic Surgery, Aditya Hospital, Hyderabad from March 2008 to June 2009.
- Practiced as an independent Consultant in the Department of Laparoscopic and General Surgery in Apollo Hospital, Secunderabad from April 2010 to July 2011.
- Practiced as a Consultant Surgical Oncologist in the Department of Surgical Oncology at Basavatarakam Indo American Cancer Hospital and Research Institute, Hyderabad from August 2014- April 2017.
- Practiced as a Consultant Surgical Oncologist in the Department of Surgical Oncology at American Oncology Institute, Hyderabad from May 2017 to January 2018.
- Practiced as a Consultant Surgical Oncologist in the Department of Surgical Oncology at Care Hospitals, Hyderabad from February 2018 to March 2020.
- Practicing as a Consultant Surgical Oncologist and Thoracic Surgeon in the Department of Surgical Oncology at Medicover Cancer Institute, Hyderabad since April 2020.
- M.S (General Surgery) Institute Of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- Senior Resident/ Registrar In Surgical Oncology Kidwai Memorial Institute Of Oncology, Bengaluru Specialty Training M. Ch. (Surgical Oncology)
- Kidwai Memorial Institute Of Oncology, Bengaluru
- One Month Observership In Surgical Oncology University Of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, USA
- Presented A Paper Titled ‘Sonographic Evaluation Of Thyroid Gland Status In Carcinoma Breast In ASICON-2003, Pune.
- Presented A Poster Titled ‘Gall Bladder Carcinoma And Biliary Electrolytes’ In ISGCON-2004, Jaipur; Published In ‘Indian Journal Of Gastroenterology; 2004, October, Volume 23 Supplement 2: A59.
- Presented A Poster Titled ‘Kidney Oncocytoma’ In Surgical Society Of Bangalore, ASICC, July 2007.
- Presented A Paper Titled ‘Heidelberg Technique Of End-To-Side Pancreatico-Jejunostomy: Early Postoperative Outcomes In Consecutive 50 Cases’ In NATCON-IASO 2012, Jaipur.
- Presented A Paper Titled ‘Predictive Factors For Locoregional Recurrence And Distant Metastases Of Cutaneous Melanoma’ In 1st Indian Cancer Congress 2013, New Delhi.