Dr Pramod Reddy
Qualification: MBBS, FRCS(CTH-England), FIACS,M.CH(CVTS), DNB(CVTS), MS (Gen Surgery)
Specialty: Aortic Aneurysm Surgery, CABG, Valve Repair/ Replacement, Minimally Invasive, Thoracic Surgery, Aortic Surgery, Transplant and assist device surgery
Designation: Chief Cardiothoracic Surgeon
Experience: 22 Years
About Dr Pramod Reddy
Dr Pramod Reddy is a renowned doctor specializing in adult and pediatric cardiac surgery. He has more than 22 years of experience in Aortic Aneurysm Surgery, Minimally invasive cardiac surgery and Pediatric Cardiac Surgery. He has worked at national and international Hospitals as a cardiac surgeon. In India, he was associated with B. J. Medical College & Sassoon General Hospital, Pune as the senior registrar. Later, had a brief stint with Care Hospitals, Yashoda Hospitals, Apollo Hospitals and Innova Hospitals. He received international exposure while working with top Hospitals in the UK, that includes Alder Hey NHS Trust Hospital, University Hospital of South Manchester and Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital.
- Dr. Pramod Reddy is a distinguished surgeon with vast experience of over 22 years in Adult, Aortic and Paediatric Cardiac surgery with reputed hospitals both in India and abroad.
- He is specialized in Minimally invasive cardiac surgery -CABG; Valve repairs; Valve Replacement; Bentall ; ASD, VSD, Partial AV canal; TOF. He has done fellowship in minimally invasive cardiac surgery from Liverpool heart and chest Hospital, UK.
- He has developed new technique of direct cannulation in Minimally invasive cardiac surgery which was published.
- He has special interest in Aortic aneurysm surgery. He has performed many complex aortic aneurysm surgeries. He has also performed minimally invasive Bentall operation. He has done fellowship in Aortic aneurysm surgery from Liverpool Heart and chest Hospital, biggest aortic centre in UK.
- He is one of few surgeons in world who has mastered Off pump technique in cardiac surgery-Off pump CABG; Off pump Glenn; Offpump Fontan; OFF pump Kawashima; Off pump atrial septostomy.
- He has vast experience in Video assisted thoracic surgery for thoracic and lung diseases. He has performed surgeries on Covid patients who has developed complications after Covid.
- He also routinely performs Mitral and aortic valve repairs.
- He was associated with Royal college of Edindburg for Paediatric cardiac surgery fellowship from Alder Hey Children’s hospital, UK.
- Visiting fellowship in Transplantation and Ventricular assist devices in University hospital of south Manchester, Whythenshaw, UK.
- He has several papers in international and national journals to his credit.
- He is the honorary reviewer for:
- Asian Cardiovascular and Thoracic Annals in Journal review section.
- Indian Journal of Cardiothoracic and vascular surgery.
- Fellow of Royal college of surgeons of England.
- Fellow of Indian association of cardiothoracic surgeons.
- Member of European Association of Cardiothoracic Surgeons.
- Member of Paediatric Cardiac Society of India.
Subspeciality Interests :
- Aortic Aneurysm Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery
- Valve Repair Surgery
- Pediatric Cardiac Surgery
Awards & Recognitions:
- Cambridge Certificate for outstanding medical achievement in Cardiothoracic surgery.
- Awarded PRATHIBHA BHARATHI PURASKAR-2018 by DELHI TELUGU ACADEMY.
- First in Mch (CVTS ) Examination.
- Distinctions in MBBS.
Conference & Workshops :
Dr. Pramod Reddy has published more than 23 papers in international and national medical journals. Significantly, he has been associated with Asian Cardiovascular and Thoracic Annals as an honorary reviewer. Dr. Pramod Reddy has presented more than 10 papers at national and international conferences and participated in more than 17 workshops and courses in cardiovascular surgery, aneurysms, coronary grafting and valve replacements.