Dr Nilaxi Khataniar is a Consultant Radiation Oncologist at Medicover Cancer Institute, Hitec City. She has completed her post-graduation from the prestigious Safdarjung Hospital in New Delhi, following which she has worked in Fortis Hospital, Gurgaon and Basavatarakam Indo American Cancer Hospital, Hyderabad. Her areas of interest include breast oncology, gynecologic oncology and neuro-oncology.
English, Telugu, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali
- Intensity modulated radiotherapy (IMRT)
- Image guided radiotherapy (IGRT)
- Volumetric modulated arc therapy (VMAT) or RapidArc
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS)
- Stereotactic Radiotherapy (SRT)
- Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy (SBRT)
- Palliative care
- Registrar in Department of Radiation Oncology at Basavatarakam Indo American Cancer Hospital and Research Institute June 2018-2020.
- Registrar in Department of Radiation Oncology at HCMCT Manipal Hospitals, New Delhi April 2018- May 2018.
- Senior Resident in Department of Radiation Oncology at Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon May 2016-March 2018.
- Senior Resident in Department of Radiation Oncology at Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi Dec 2015 – Apr 2016
Presentations & Publications:
- Spatial orientation of coronary arteries and its implication for breast and thoracic radiotherapy: proposing “coronary strip” as a new organ at risk. Munshi A, Khataniar N, Sarkar B, Bera ML, Mohnati BK. Strahlenther Onkol 2018 April 12.
- Tumor motion in lung cancers: An overview of four-dimensional radiotherapy treatment of lung cancers. Munshi A, Khataniar N, Ganesh T. Asian J Oncol 2017;3:128-32.
- E-poster presentation in ICARO-2 held in IAEA (Vienna, Austria)