Dr Mirza Athar Ali
Qualification: MBBS, MD, PDCR
Specialty: Radiation Oncology
Designation: Consultant Radiation Oncology
Experience: 12 Years
About Dr Mirza Athar Ali
Dr Mirza Athar Ali is a Consultant Radiation Oncologist in the Department of Radiation Oncology at Medicover Cancer Institute. He has over 12 years of experience in the field of Radiation Oncology.
Area Of Expertise:
- 3 Dimensional Conformal Radiotherapy (3D-CRT)
- Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy (IMRT)
- Image Guided Radiotherapy (IGRT)
- Rapid Arc (VMAT)
- Electron Beam Therapy
- Stereo-tactic Radiotherapy (SRT) and Stereo-tactic Radiosurgery (SRS).
- Stereo-tactic Body Radiotherapy (SBRT)
- Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- 2009 – 2012: Worked as Post MD Senior Registrar in Department of Radiation Oncology at Yashoda Cancer Institute, Hyderabad.
- 2012 – 2021: Worked as Consultant Radiation Oncologist at American Oncology Institute (AOI), Hyderabad.
Professional Training and Experience:
- Attended training program by Varian Medical Systems for High Energy Clinac, Standalone MLC and Portal Vision inNovember2007 at RCC (ATRCTRI) Bikaner.(Rajasthan)
- Attended IMRT/IGRT/Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT) training at University Medical Center, Mannheim, Germany in November 2010.
- Attended Electronic Medical Record (EMR) paperless work flow training at University Medical Center, Mannheim, Germany in November 2010.
- Attended Brain Lab RT users meeton SRS/SRT/SBRT at HongKongin March 2011
- Attended Electronic Medical Record (EMR) paperless work flow training at University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC), Pittsburgh and Cancer Treatment Services Arizona (CTSA), Casa Granda, USA from31/03/2012 to22/04/2012.
- Attended True Beam Clinical applicationtraining atAmerican OncologyInstitute in2012.
- Attended Varian Advanced Techniques Clinical School (IMRT/Rapid Arc) at Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Rozzano,Italy inFeb 2015.
- Attended ESTRO-37International conference atBarcelona, Spain inApril 2018.
- Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT) versus Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy (IMRT) in Pelvic Malignancies: A Dosimetric Analysis. Poster presentation at ASTRO 2013 Annual Meetingbeing heldonSeptember 22-25 inAtlanta, Georgia, USA.
- Comparative Dosimetric analysis of IMRT and VMAT (Rapid Arc), E-poster at ESTRO 33 (EuropeanSociety ofRadiotherapy andOncology),4-8 April 2014,Vienna, Austria.
- Study of Inter fraction movements of tongue during radiation therapy in cases of tongue malignancy using volumetric KV cone beam CT (CBCT) imaging: Poster at ASTRO (American Society ofTherapeutic Radiation Oncology)14-17 September 2014, San Francisco, USA
- Comparative dosimetric analysis of IMRT and VMAT (RapidArc) in brain, head and neck, breast and prostate malignancies. Original article in International Journal of Cancer Therapy and Oncology. IntJCancer Ther Oncol2015;3(1):03019.
- A Rare Case of Recurrent Paget’s Disease of the Vulva and Gluteal Region Treated with Radiation Therapy.Case Report inAppliedRadiation Oncology. March2020.
- Study of inter-fraction movements of tongue during radiation therapy in cases of tongue malignancy using volumetric cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) imaging. Original Article. IntJCancer Ther Oncol2015;3(4):341.
- Estimation of linear quadratic (LQ) model parameter alpha/beta (α/β) and biologically effective dose (BED) for acute normal tissue reactions in head and neck malignancies. Original Article. IntJ Cancer Ther Oncol. 2016;4(4):449
- “Metabolic signature” of the lesions on F18‑ fluoro-deoxyglucose positron emission tomography: A clue to the underlying pathology: Indian Journal of Nuclear Medicine 2014;29:193-4.
- Radiotherapy for large cutaneous Angiosarcoma of face with RapidArc (VMAT). Case Report in Applied Radiation Oncology. Feb 2015