Dr Hirak Pahari
Consultant Liver Transplantation and HPB Surgeon
MBBS, DNB (General Surgery)
FMAS, FIAGES, FALS (Onco)
FLSLT (Taiwan) F-HBLT (Medanta)
ASTS Liver/Kidney Transplant & HPB Fellowship (USA)
Intestinal/MV Transplant Fellowship (Cleveland Clinic)
Experience : 10+ Years
Timings : 10 AM - 7 PM
About Doctor :
- Liver Transplantation and Hepatobiliary Surgery
- Pancreas Transplant and Pancreatic Surgery
- Laparoscopic General and GI Surgery
- Intestinal and Multivisceral Transplantation
- Intestinal Rehabilitation Surgery
- Portal Hypertensive Shunt Surgery
Past Experience :
- Consultant - Liver Transplant, HPB and GI Surgery 2019 – 2022. Medica Superspeciality Hospital, Kolkata, WB, India.
- Intestinal and Multivisceral Transplant 2018 – 2019 (1 year) Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA.
- ASTS Fellowship, 1 July 2016 – 30 June 2018 (2 years) Transplant and Hepatobiliary Surgery Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI, USA.
- Fellowship, 16 July 2015 – 12 May 2016 (10 months) HB Surgery and Liver Transplantation (HBLT) Medanta – The Medicity Hospital, Gurgaon, Haryana, India.
- Fellowship, 1 July 2014 – 30 June 2015 (1 year) Liver Surgery and Liver Transplantation Kaohsiung Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan.
- Observership in Transplant Surgery (3 weeks) Medstar Georgetown Transplant Center Georgetown University, Washington DC.
- Resident Registrar, 2013 – 2014 Department of Surgery, RKMSP Hospital, VIMS, Kolkata, India.
- Surgical Registrar, 2013 All Asia Medical Institute, Kolkata, India.
- Senior Resident, 2012 – 2013, Cardio Thoracic and Vascular Surgery unit Apollo Gleneagles Hospital, Salt Lake, Kolkata.
- D.N.B. Resident (Diplomate of National Board), 2009 – 2012 General Surgery, Vivekananda Institute of Medical Sciences (VIMS), Kolkata, India.
- Medical Officer, 2008 – 2009, Emergency Department, Rabindranath Tagore International Institute of Cardiac Sciences, Kolkata, India.
- Shellagi N, Pahari H, Nath B, Ray U. Megagiant liver hemangioma: A case report of rare entity. J Clin Images Med Case Rep. 2022; 3(2): 1660.
- Shellagi N, Pahari H. Giant Splenic Artery Aneurysm as a Rare Sequelae of Chronic Pancreatitis. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2021 Nov; 15(11): PD04-PD05.
- Pahari H, Shellagi N, Poddar P, Sethy PK. Combined Gastro-Esophageal Devascularization and Distal Splenorenal Shunt in a Patient with Non-Cirrhotic Portal Hypertension. Medica Health Review. 2020 Dec; 1(1): 51-3.
- Pahari H, Shellagi N, Nath B. Elevated procalcitonin level in early postoperative period after liver transplantation is not an indicator for systemic infection - A case report. Indian J Transplant. 2020 Sep; 14: 240-2.
- Pahari H, Shellagi N, Nath B. Deceased Donor Liver Transplantation in India in the COVID-19 Era: Current Scenario and Future Perspectives. Transplantation Proceedings. Transplant Proc. 2020 Nov;52(9):2684-2687.
- Soin AS, Chauduri RJ, Pahari H, Pomfret E. A worldwide survey of Live liver donor selection policies at 24 centers with a combined experience of 19,009 adult living donor liver transplants. Transplantation. 2019 Feb; 103(2): e39-e47.
- Pahari H, Nagai S, Skorupski S, Salgia R. Graft Versus Host Disease of the Central Nervous System after Liver Transplantation: A Rare Complication. Am J Transplant. 2018 Oct; 18(10): 2591-4.
- Chaudhary RJ, Rastogi A, Pahari H, Thiagarajan S, Bhangui P, Goja S, et al. Leiomyosarcoma of Intrahepatic IVC - Treatment with Radical Resection and IVC Replacement with PTFE Graft: A Case Report and Review of Literature. Austin J Clin Case Rep. 2017; 4(2): 1118.
- Pahari H, Chaudhary RJ, Thiagarajan S, Raut V, Babu R, Bhangui P, Goja S, Rastogi A, Vohra V, Soin AS. Hepatic Venous and Inferior Vena Cava Morphology No Longer a Barrier to Living Donor Liver Transplantation for Budd-Chiari Syndrome: Surgical Techniques and Outcomes. Transplantation Proceedings. 2016 Oct; 48(8): 2732-7.
- Pahari H, Li WF, Lin TS, Wang CC, Yong CC, Lin TL, Lin CC, Liu YW, Lin YH, Concejero AM, Jawan B, Chen CL. Extensive Adhesions in Living Donor Liver Transplantation: A Retrospective Analysis. World J Surg. 2016 Feb; 40(2): 427-32. PMID: 26370215.
- Shaw MK, Pahari H. The role of peri-operative use of alpha blocker in preventing lower urinary tract symptoms in high risk patients of urinary retention undergoing inguinal hernia repair in males above 50 years. J Indian Med Assoc. 2014 Jan; 112(1): 13-6. PMID: 25935942.
- Sengupta H, Chandra S, Rahaman ZA, Pahari H. Acute Acalculous Cholecystitis – a review of current trends and management. Journal of the Vivekananda Institute of Medical Sciences. 2013 Dec; 36(2): 38-43. Review. ISSN 0970-4396.
Achievements & Awards :
- Bango Gourab Sanman 2021 (Pride of Bengal) award at Kolkata, January 31, 2021, by Pragati Bangla Awards for excellence in the development of Liver Transplant program in Kolkata.
- Best Presentation award (Poster Oral) at Korea Liver Week, Busan, Korea, September 10-12, 2015 for the poster oral presentation titled “Hepatectomy for primary hepatolithiasis”
- International travel award for scientific merit in Korea Liver Week, Busan, Korea, September 10-12, 2015 for the poster oral presentation titled “Hepatectomy for primary hepatolithiasis”
- Best Poster Award at 3rd International Liver Symposium, Gurgaon, April 1-3, 2016 for “Hepatic Resection for Recurrent Pyogenic Cholangitis: Last 10-year experience”.
- Development of Liver Transplant program at MSHK, Kolkata, India
- Development of 1st Pancreas Transplant program at Kolkata and Eastern India
- Performed Kolkata’s 1st In-House Successful Deceased Donor Liver Transplant
- Performed Medica’s 1st In-House Successful Living Donor Liver Transplant
- Formulation of Donor Surgical Bundle at Henry Ford Hospital
- Experience with Transmedics Liver OCS (Liver Perfusion) at Henry Ford Hospital
- Member of a team designing the Liverpedia app
Other Information :
- American Society of Transplant Surgeons (ASTS)
- American Society of Transplantation (AST)
- International Liver Transplant Society (ILTS)
- Intestinal Transplant and Rehabilitation Society (IRTA)
- The Transplantation Society (TTS)
- Academy of Medicine of Cleveland & Northern Ohio (AMCNO)
- Life member – Liver Transplantation Society of India (LTSI) No. 303
- Life member – Indian Society of Organ Transplantation (ISOT) No. LM 1427
- Life member - World Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons (WALS)
- Life member - Indian Chapter of the IHPBA, No. 607
- Life member - Association of Surgeons of India (ASI) No. FL19677
- Life member - Indian Medical Association (IMA), West Bengal Chapter, No. BGL/11362/122/461/196443/2014-15/CL
- Diploma - National Academy of Medical Sciences, New Delhi (MNAMS)