Dr Amey Sonavane
Consultant Gastroenterology: Hepatology & Liver Transplantation
MBBS, DNB (General Medicine), DNB (Gastroenterology). MRCP (SCE-Gastroenterology Fellowship in Clinical & Transplant Hepatology)
Experience : 10+ Years
Mon/Wed/Fri - 3 PM to 6 PM Tue/Thu/Sat - 9 AM to 1 PM
About Doctor :
- Liver disorders
- Esophageal disorders
- Stomach disorders
- Pancreatic disorders
- Intestinal disorders
- Therapeutic endoscopies
- Stomach and abdominal pain
- Stomach ulcers
- Loose stools
- Blood in stools
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Fatty liver
- Diagnosis of cancers of esophagus, pancreas and Intestine
Past Experience :
- Consultant in Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Liver Transplantation Apollo Hospital, Navi Mumbai July 2019.
- Apollo Hospital, Navi Mumbai July 2018 to July 2019 Associate Consultant in Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Liver Transplantation.
- Medanta-The Medicity, Gurugram, India July 2017 to July 2018 Senior Fellow and Associate Consultant in Clinical and Transplant Hepatology.
- Bombay Hospital Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Mumbai March 2014 to March 2017 Super Specialty Resident in Gastroenterology and Hepatology.
- P. D. Hinduja National Hospital and Medical Research Center, Mumbai Feb 2013 to Feb 2014 Clinical Assistant in Internal Medicine.
- John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County, Chicago, IL July 2009 to October 2009 Observer, Department of Medicine
- Alexian Brothers Corporate Health Care Center, Schaumburg, IL April 2009 to July 2009 Extern
- Center for Immediate and Corporate Care Rajiv Gandhi Medical College, Thane, India June 2008 to March 2009 Volunteer Research Assistant, Department of Dermatology
- Poornima Hospital, Mumbai, India March 2008 to March 2009 Medical Officer
- Gupta D, Sonavane A. Heart leaved moonseed – innocuous or baneful. Submitted and accepted in J Clin Exp Hepatol.
- “Subacute intestinal obstruction by a giant ileal lipoma treated by endoscopic removal” presented in Video-endoscopy clinics at the Indian Society of Gastroenterology Conference (ISGCON), Mumbai. (December 2014)
- Platform presentation “SSPE: An unusual case” at the 19th Indian Academy of Neurology Conference (IANCON) at Pune, India. (September 2011)
- A retrospective analysis to determine the efficacy of Colistin monotherapy versus combination therapy in resistant gram negative infections. (DNB thesis study - January 2011) Conducted a Retrospective Study to determine the efficacy of Dexamethasone - Cyclophosphamide Pulse Therapy in Progressive Systemic Sclerosis and presented the paper at the clinical meeting of Indian Association of Dermatologists, Venereologists and Leprologists (November 2008)
Media Publications :
- Sonavane AD, Nagral A. Acute Liver Failure. Handbook of General Medicine. (October 2020) Sonavane AD, Saraf N. NAFLD and Liver transplantation. NAFLD. Ed Akash Shukla, Vol 1, 107-120 (December 2019)
- Sonavane AD, Saigal S. Hepatic encephalopathy and liver transplantation. Hepatic encephalopathy updates. Vol 1,76-85 (December 2019) Sonavane AD, Chaudhary NS. Nutrition in Chronic Liver Disease. In Press. Book on Anaesthesia and Liver transplantation (August 2019)
Awards & Recognitions :
- Presented the travel award-winning poster “Renal Dysfunction in HCV” at the APASL STC on HCV at New Delhi. (December 2015)
- Selected as a preceptee for training in Viral Hepatitis at the Singapore Hepatitis Conference, Singapore. (May 2016)
- Presented the travel award winning poster “Hepatocellular Carcinoma in Autoimmune Hepatitis” at the International Digestive Diseases Forum (IDDF) Conference at Hong Kong (June 2016)