Dr Abhishek Shashikant Patil
Consultant Orthopedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon
Fellowship in Complex Primary and revision joint replacement( Australia)
Fellowship in Navigated and Robotic Knee replacement Surgery (South Korea)
Experience : 11+ Years
About Doctor :
- Primary and Revision Total Knee Arthroplasty
- Primary and Revision Total Hip Arthroplasty
- Primary Arthroscopic ACL Reconstruction
- Arthroscopic Meniscectomy
- Infected orthopedic cases like acute and chronic osteomyelitis, septic arthritis of the knee, hip and shoulder.
- Emergency surgeries including arthrotomy for septic arthritis, management of compound fractures, compartment syndromes and vascular injuries.
- General and complex trauma intra and extra-articular fractures around all major joints, long bone fractures, fractures around the hip etc
- Non union and malunion surgeries
- Basic two dimensional deformity corrections (cubitus varus, genu valgum etc.)
- Soft tissue reconstruction and repair
- Hemi replacement surgeries like bipolar hemi arthroplasty and Neer’s prosthesis
- Robotic joint replacement
Past Experience :
- Consultant Joint Replacement Surgeon at Sahyadri group, Columbia Asia, Inamdar, Noble, Ruby hall clinic Wanowrie and Jehangir Hospitals
- Published a Review article titled -Uncemented Total Knee Replacement- Rediscovering the past for the Bombay Orthopaedic Society Journal JCOR in March 2022.
- Published a Review article – Bilateral Simultaneous Knee Replacement Current Evidenced-based strategy for the Bombay Orthopaedic Society Journal JCOR in 2018.
- Limb length discrepancy following a hip replacement surgery- Indian Journal Of orthopedics (state chapter), September 2011 issue
- Intra articular heterotopic ossification as an initial manifestation in a child with pseudohypoparathyroidism type 1a, a case report -Indian Journal Of Paediatric Endocrinology September 2010 issue ( Pub med indexed )
- Accuracy and Safety of Pedicle Screw Fixation in Children less than 10 years- An original CT based study of 31 patients, published in Indian Journal of Orthopaedics Nov-Dec 2013(Pub med indexed )
- Comparison of Flexion Stability and Clinical Outcomes Between Robotic and Navigation Systems in Total Knee Arthroplasty- Accepted for publication in CIOS Korea.(Pubmed indexed)
- Comparison of quadriceps snip and tibial tubercle osteotomy in revision for infected total knee arthroplasty- Int Orthopaedics Oct 2014.
- Benefits of Telemedicine and Barriers to its Effective Implementation in Rural India: A Multicentric E- Survey- An original article published in the Indian Medical Gazette, Jan 2013 issue.