What is Cough?
Cough occurs when something irritates your throat. It’s just a reflex that keeps our throat clear. A quick dismissal of air through the breathing passage that helps in clearing the bacteria. Many people cough regularly for clearing their throat as the bacteria get involved in our lungs. This cough may only continue for two weeks if it causes more irritation and it extends to more than three weeks then we should consult a doctor.
Get Instant Doctor Online Consultation
Types of Cough
There are various types of Cough that can cause a viral infection in your throat.
- Dry cough: A dry cough can occur in many people and you can call it an “ineffectual”. It means there is no specific reason for getting a cough and it doesn’t have any kind of mucus in it. Dry cough may occur due to various reasons like irritation, dry respiratory issues, inflammation, or any physical strain.
- Wet cough: Wet cough which can be called “chest cough”. It is very low and heavy. This cough is a productive kind of cough. Here, mucus is expelled from the lungs which leads to chest pain and continues cough. We can get allergies from cold, flu, pneumonia, and allergies. The wet cough can be controlled by reducing the mucus.
- Whooping cough: Whooping cough can be found dangerous as it releases a high amount of oxygen from the lungs. It’s a bacterial infection that is commonly found in many people. But it can cause Pneumonia, asthma attacks, and tuberculosis. If a person is found with Whooping cough he should start getting treatment.
- Burning Cough: The name itself signifies if there is any burning in your throat then it can be called a burning cough. This disease is the symptom of acid reflux and heartburn. The irritation can be felt as a burning sensation and it leads to cough. Medicines that help in reducing the acid in our stomach can help in controlling the acid that is created by the stomach.
- Serious Cough: Some serious cough that requires some medical treatment and more attention by the Doctor. The symptoms that are found in the skin become pale due to lack of oxygen, having a high fever for more than three to four days, and coughing that remains for more than two weeks. These symptoms don’t mean that we have any kind of serious illness but if we are feeling some discomfort and have a high level of cough doctor consultation should be taken.
Different types of cough signify a variety of illnesses and can lead to some serious conditions. So learn the difference between types of cough and cure them with medications.
Cough can occur due to many reasons like:
- Due to running or sober nose
- Regular cleaning of the throat due to the presence of bacteria or infection
- Burning heart or bitter taste in your mouth
- Unable to breathe properly sometimes
Causes of Cough
A rare cough is normal as it clears the secretion of liquid from the lungs. If the cough remains for more than two weeks then some preventive measures should be taken. Some of the cough cause can be:
The nose produces a high rate of mucus and drips down back into the throat and it leads to cough.
If a person is having asthma then there is a chance of getting a cough. The symptoms of asthma patients are coughing and due to cold air and certain chemicals, there is a high rate of getting a cough.
Gastric is common in every human being and which may sometimes cause you to cough. As acid flows back to a tube that has a connection between the stomach and throat there can be a chance of getting a cough
If we have a cold, flu, pneumonia, or any other infection can cause you to cough.
Cough TreatmentThere’s a cure to all the diseases. Cough can also be cured by proper medication and treatment
Herbal syrup can be the best solution for your sore throat. Also, a menthol flavor candy sometimes give soothness to the throat.
Drinking hot water and taking hot sips of herbal tea can give relief from cough. We cough when our throat has bacterias or infection in it. To reduce the cough we drink hot water.
Home remedy for cough treatment is a great way of getting a cure from cough like taking a tablespoon of honey with Tulsi leaves sometimes gives us relief from cough.
Heating the airways by having some hot food or hot soup can control the release of bacteria.
If cough can be controlled through the homemade remedy we can go for medicines. It’s better to cough sometimes because it releases mucus and cleans our lungs. If the cough remains for many days then consulting a doctor and taking proper medication is a better option for controlling the cough.
Sometimes a heavy nose can be a reason for coughing, it can be cured by taking nostrils which will help in clearing the nose.
Dry throat can be another reason for a heavy cough so try to take steam from hot water. Also, using a vaporizer can sometimes give you relief.
Few people have an allergy to dust and pollution, they may avoid going frequently or else can use a mask to avoid dust and cough. Also, they use anti-allergy medicines prescribed by doctors which will give them relief from dust and cough.
If a person is having a high cold then he/she may take rest to avoid getting contact from the outside germs.
Gargling with hot and saltwater is by far the best way to get rid of the cold and cough. Doing gargling several times a day will give you the best result.
Eating frozen ice cream sometimes will give you relaxation from a sore throat.
A severe throat pain can be cured by taking some of the painkiller medicines.
Some of the cough remedies that will naturally give you relief from cough:
A study says that honey works wonders during cough as it works as medication for everyone. Two teaspoons of honey with warm water will show you results.
Ginger will help you out with a dry cough and it also has anti-inflammatory properties present in it.
Drinking fluids at room temperature or drinking hot water may relieve you from getting a cough.
Taking bromelain which has anti-inflammatory properties can cure cough immediately.
Having natural yogurt or having hot soup will do wonders to cure your cough.
These household cough remedies sometimes give better results in curing your sore throat and help in increasing metabolism. Staying hydrated and drinking more water will keep you from getting into any kind of disease. Still, if the household cough treatment is not giving you relief then you can go for consulting a Doctor.
Q. What is Cough?
A. Cough is a simple reflection of high mucus that is secret from the Lungs. It may be because of the extra bacteria present in our respiratory pipes. The cough shouldn’t last for more than two weeks.
Q. How to prevent Cough with exercises?
A. *Relax your body.
*Take 2-3 deep breaths and exhale it slowly with your mouth open.