The Prime Minister has given approval for two COVID-19 vaccinations, one being Oxford- AstraZeneca’s Covishield and Bharat Biotech’s Covaxin for emergency use. The government has also conducted dry runs for the vaccines to assure safety and efficiency. In the first phase of the COVID vaccination, all the healthcare workers were vaccinated and in the 2nd phase frontline workers were vaccinated which includes the public and private sector.
Coronavirus vaccinations for the general public have already started at Medicover Hospitals The Hospital is providing Covishield Vaccination at various branches which includes Secretariat, Nizamabad and Vizag unit 3 and on Thursday i.e. on March 4th, 2021 the vaccination will be given at Hitech City and Karimnagar. The hospital would be providing vaccination to 200 people per day and the cost of each vaccination is Rs 250. This phase will include vaccination for people above 60 years of age and those above 45 years with co-morbidities.
Eligibility Criteria (Terms & Conditions applied)
1) Any person above 60 yrs of age
Documents to carry along
- Govt issued photo identity card
2) Any person above 45 years of age with comorbid conditions
Documents to carry along
- Doctors prescription mentioning their comorbid conditions and Govt issued photo identity card
List of co-morbidities that qualify you for Covid-19 Vaccination
- Heart Failure with hospital admission in the past one year
- Post Cardiac Transplant/Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD)
- Significant Left ventricular systolic dysfunction (LVEF <40%)
- Moderate or Severe Valvular Heart Disease
- Congenital heart disease with severe PAH or Idiopathic PAH
- Coronary Artery Disease with past CABG/PTCA/MI AND Hypertension/Diabetes on treatment
- Angina and Hypertension/Diabetes on treatment
- CT/MRI documented stroke AND Hypertension/Diabetes on treatment
- Pulmonary artery hypertension AND Hypertension/Diabetes on treatment
- Diabetes (> 10 years OR with complications AND Hypertension on treatment
- Kidney/ Liver/ Hematopoietic stem cell transplant: Recipient/On wait-list
- End Stage Kidney Disease on haemodialysis/ CAPD
- Current prolonged use of oral corticosteroids/ immunosuppressant medications
- Decompensated cirrhosis
- Severe respiratory disease with hospitalizations in the last two years/FEV1 <50%
- Lymphoma/ Leukaemia/ Myeloma
- Diagnosis of any solid cancer on or after 1st July 2020 OR currently on any cancer therapy
- Sickle Cell Disease/ Bone marrow failure/ Aplastic Anemia/ Thalassemia Major
- Primary Immunodeficiency Diseases/ HIV infection
- Persons with disabilities due to Intellectual disabilities/ Muscular Dystrophy/ Acid attack with the involvement of respiratory system/ Persons with disabilities having high support needs/ Multiple disabilities including deaf-blindness
A person can directly Walk-in to the Hospital or can Pre-register at www.cowin.gov.in before taking Covid-19 Vaccination
Steps to be followed for getting yourself register for COVID-19 vaccination:
- Step 1: Download the Co-WIN app or log on to www.cowin.gov.in
- Step 2: Enter your mobile number to get OTP for creating your account. Enter the OTP and click on the verification button.
- Step 3: You will be directed for registration of the vaccination. Choose one photo ID proof, fill in the details.
- Step 4: The page will ask for comorbidities, click on “yes” or “no”. If your age is 45+ add doctor’s certified as comorbidity proof.
- Step 5: Once details are filled in, click on the registration button.
- Step 6: Once the registration is completed, it will show the account details
- Step 7: Citizen can also add 3 more people with the registered mobile number by clicking on the “Add more button”
- Step 8: A button will be there to schedule an appointment
- Step 9: Search for a vaccination center by choice. The date and availability will be mentioned here.
- Step 10: Click on Book button