An infection, damage, tumor or side effect of certain medication can cause kidney disease.
- Loss of appetite
- High Blood Pressure
- Difficulty in sleeping
- Shortening of breath
Get Instant Online Consultation
Prevention of Kidney Disease
- Adequate water intake (8 cups per day) to maintain good urine volume.
- Good personal hygiene, especially female to prevent urinary tract infection.
- Balanced diet, Avoid excessive salt and meat intake
- For patient with kidney stone, may need to avoid high intake of calcium.
- Prevent complications from diabetes and high blood pressure. Good control of diabetes and blood pressure.
- Patient with kidney stones or urinary tract obstruction (large prostate) should seek early and adequate treatment.
- Be careful about taking drugs including pain killers and antibiotics.
- Early detection of kidney disease by routine examination of urine and blood test for kidney function.
- Early treatment of kidney disease.